2 cups whole milk
2 cups water
1½ teaspoons salt
1 cup Nandi Yellow Cornmeal
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring milk, water, and salt to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in cornmeal.
- Reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook 20 minutes, until creamy, lifting the lid and stirring every 3 or 4 minutes to prevent sticking.
- Remove pot from stove, stir in pepper and butter.
- Gradually stir in cheese.
- 6. Serve
Tip: Slowly add the cornmeal and whisk constantly to avoid lumps.