African Corn Bread (Isinkwa SoMfahla)
8 average corn on the cob, ½ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 2-3 cups self-raising flour, ½ cup Nandi Corn Meal – General Fine, water
- Carefully peel corn on the cob making sure to keep the corn leaves in good shape.
- Grate corn on the cob into a mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients and mix well to a dropping consistency.
- Using a large saucepan and a stainless steel steamer, bring water to a boil. Water level should be below the steamer.
- Spoon the mixture into corn leaves, wrap securely and place on the steamer in the saucepan.
- Cover the pan and steam for about 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Make sure to check water level constantly and top up as required until cooked.
*Serve with sour milk (amasi)
*Serve with Nanditea or enjoy as a snack