4 – 6 cups Nandi White Cornmeal, Water, 1 Tablespoon Margarine (Optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to the boil.
- Mix one quarter cornmeal with 1 cup water in a mixing bowl to a thick paste and add to the boiling water, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Do not allow lumps to form and do not allow it to stick to the bottom of the pan. Stirr constanly.
- Add a table spoon of margarine (optional)
- Cover the pan and let boil 10 – 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Gradually add the remaining cornmeal, and mix vigorously to blend cornmeal into the mix.
- The mixture should be thick and smooth.
- Cover and let simmer for a 5-10 minutes more minutes over low heat.
- Serve with green vegetables and beef/chicken stew.
* Makes 6 – 8 servings