African Corn Bread (Isinkwa SoMfahla)
8 average corn on the cob, ½ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 2-3 cups self-raising flour, ½ cup Nandi Corn Meal – General Fine, water
- Carefully peel corn on the cob making sure to keep the corn leaves in good shape.
- Grate corn on the cob into a mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients and mix well to a dropping consistency.
- Using a large saucepan and a stainless steel steamer, bring water to a boil. Water level should be below the steamer.
- Spoon the mixture into corn leaves, wrap securely and place on the steamer in the saucepan.
- Cover the pan and steam for about 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Make sure to check water level constantly and top up as required until cooked.
*Serve with sour milk (amasi)
*Serve with Nanditea or enjoy as a snack
Vote for this recipe
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE  Access denied for user 'db110266_vezu'@'184.108.40.206' (using password: YES)' in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/110266/domains/nandifoods.com/html/thumbsup/classes/thumbsup.php:70 Stack trace: #0 /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/110266/domains/nandifoods.com/html/thumbsup/classes/thumbsup.php(70): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=db...', 'db110266_vezu', 'pgsql123', Array) #1 /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/110266/domains/nandifoods.com/html/thumbsup/classes/thumbsup_item.php(121): ThumbsUp::db() #2 /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/110266/domains/nandifoods.com/html/thumbsup/classes/thumbsup.php(185): ThumbsUp_Item::load('36') #3 /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/110266/domains/nandifoods.com/html/wp-content/themes/nandi/single_recipes.php(73): ThumbsUp::item(36) #4 /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/110266/domains/nandifoods.com/html/wp-content/themes/nandi/single.php(4): include('/nfs/c07/h01/mn...') #5 /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/110266/domains/nandifoods.com/html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/nfs/c07/h01/mn...') #6 /nfs/c07/ in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/110266/domains/nandifoods.com/html/thumbsup/classes/thumbsup.php on line 70